Bullet Journal Style…Thoughts from Sunday, July 2, 2017
- God has placed our Meetinghouse here in this community, not so that we can resist the troubles of urbanity, but so that we can open our hearts to them.
- In community, we can make a mess. But be faithful that God will give our communities the skills to clean it up.
- Sometimes I make choices that alienate myself from God and others.
- God gives us to each other so that we can make mistakes together.
looking out the north facing window of the meetinghouse on the gardens [1.8.2016]
Bullet Journal Style Thoughts from 1.8.2017
- Wholeness is the symbol that embraces every last bit of our brokenness.
- First we must minister with the body of Christ in its localized incarnation so that we may reach out authentically to its global formation.
- Feeling opposition to a thingI am called to do. What is my vocation, and how can I better reveal it in my life?
is an opportunity for greater discernment in recognizing what it is
- How are my shortcomings better informing my gifts? If I am quick to anger over a certain phenomenon, how can I use that discomfort to create a space for a larger sense of equanimity?
Here is a place for thoughts that surface from Quaker Meeting for Worship. Some are messages that don’t reach the point of vocal ministry, some do, some surface in me, some in others. The Light is a joyously unpredictable thing.
/ codorus creek near its eponymous furnace [ 12.27.2016 ]
Bullet Journal Style … Thoughts from 1.1.2017
the beautiful ambiguity of symbols allows them to both point to and be the things they embody
our moments together are so brief…how should we rightfully apprise each one
most of our hardships come from trying to fit into the mold of the empire
it is the unfolding of things that is the most uncertain part
creating a welcoming space is all about the intention of relating comfort